Should I Design My Own Testing Program?
Designing a testing program (for example a pre-employment screening program), can be an
interesting task. Some basic information about testing and a great deal of information about your specific assessment needs is required. If you have this knowledge, then you may be the best person to develop your own testing program.
We may be able to help:
If you need extensive help establishing a testing program, or if you wish us to operate some part of your program, then our consulting services are available for an
hourly fee. Alternatively, we can refer you to a psychologist or other professional who will be able to assist you.
- we can help you identify assessment objectives for your program.
- We can suggest some commonly used tests which will help you meet your objectives.
- If you do not feel comfortable with your knowledge of standardized assessment, or feel that you need some help until you are
comfortable with assessment procedures, we are available to consult with you and to train you or your staff.
- Once a testing program is in place, validity study should be conducted to measure the effectiveness of your program. This involves collecting and storing assessment data, and tracking results.
What services do we offer?
A source of commercially published standardized tests
We offer a one-stop source from which to purchase the testing materials of over one hundred different publishers. Our
remuneration comes from the sale of tests. There is no charge for telephone/fax/email consultation about tests.
Test consultation via phone/fax/email
As with other technical publications (like computer software), often purchasers face many competing products that will
do the same job. Some are better than others, some are adequate but much more expensive than competing products of roughly
the same quality. A knowledgable test consultant can make the job, of deciding which tests to use, manageable.
We consult with many professionals as to which tests may be appropriate for their use. Our test consultants are
familiar with most of the titles which we list in our catalog. If you want to know about a current test which is in general use,
it is likely that the test consultant will be able to help immediately from his/her own knowledge.
In addition, test consultants have directg access to most sources of reference information which are available at University libraries.
Testing program development
Businesses that want a professionally developed testing program, for pre-employment evaluation or for any other purpose,
can obtain more in depth advice by hiring a consultant from our firm or by asking us for a referral to another qualified professional.
A test consultant can be expected to visit your site and devise an assessment system for program evaluation,
employee evaluation, pre-employment selection, etc. Evaluation systems developed by our consultants will include...
Typically, fees for test development are billed at an hourly rate of $125/hour or $900/day (Canadian dollars), plus expenses.
- a written report in the form of a program manual
- training so that your personnel will be able to operate the program independently
- security, in that a consultant who is knowledgable about your situation and your evaluation system
will always be available to assist you should any questions arise. Moreover, knowledge of your selection procedure
will not be lost to your firm when a key employee leaves -- because we will have your testing program on file.
If, due to time constraints, we cannot help as immediately as you would like, we will refer you to a professional association that may have an experienced member practicing in your region.
What we do not offer.
- Certain (few) tests are restricted. We do not provide restricted tests to people who are not qualified to obtain them.
- we do not provide tests to people who wish to takes tests themselves or who wish to assess friends or family members.
- We can not provide evaluation copies of tests, we only buy copies of tests for resale, and so we are not able to function as a library.
- Student researchers must have the permission of their supervising professor before we will provide any tests for data collection. This is part of an effort to assist Universities with the human-subject research design approval process. It does not necessarilly have anything to do with a person's qualifications.
Copyright © 2006, M.D. Angus & Associates Ltd.